Commemorative Coins Value
Commemorative coins are a good way to get into numismatics. They tend to be relatively inexpensive, and easy to identify in their custom packaging. So appraising and establishing commemorative coin values is a fairly straightforward process.
If you have any US Mint commemorative coins, uncirculated mint proof sets, or uncirculated mint sets, we want to buy them! Our coin collector clientele will pay top dollar for your commemorative coins value.
Do Commemorative Coins Have Any Value?
Yes. All commemorative coins have at least some value because they are technically legal tender (though not intended for circulation).
Aside from being legal tender, commemorative coins value tends to depend on two primary factors:
- Uniqueness – How many coins are in circulation?
- Market Demand – Is the coin in high demand by collectors?
To a smaller extent, bullion prices can also impact a commemorative coin’s value as well.
The best way to find out a commemorative coin’s value is through an appraisal. American Rarities offers free appraisals with no obligation to sell.
Click Here to learn more!
Do Commemorative Coins Increase in Value?
Yes. Not only do they have value, but because they’re only minted once, their value tends to increase over time.
The rarer a commemorative coin is, the higher its value will be.
Can Commemorative Coins Be Spent?
US commemorative coins are technically legal tender, but not intended for circulation.
As such, it wouldn’t be wise to spend them in your day-to-day life, as you’d only be getting the face value of the coin, whereas the commemorative coin’s value would be much higher to an investor or collector.
Always Paying More For Your Commemorative Coins
How Do I Sell My Commemorative Coins?
Selling your commemorative coins with us is easy.
Here’s how our process works:
- Simply provide us with an inventory list and, or photos of your commemorative coins.
- We’ll respond promptly with a free written appraisal and offer to purchase.
- If you decide to sell to us, we’ll either have our buyer come to you, or you can use our handy fully insured Mail-In Service.
- After we receive your commemorative coins we’ll immediately pay you via your choice of company check, ACH, or wire transfer.
Best of all, if you sell with us, you’ll know that you received the highest amount possible for your commemorative coins’ value. No wonder American Rarities is the best way to sell commemorative coins.
Free Appraisal for Your Coins and Coin Collections
Email, Text, or Use This Form To Send Us Your Inventory List or Pictures